Thursday, May 31, 2012

Why Ethiopia? The Long Answer Part Five:

OK so I said this was a long answer....so for those who have asked me in person "Why Ethiopia?" and I don't know what to say...this is why. Its a lot for one conversation.

So, after reading the book, we kept pressing ahead with our infertility things that were going on at the time, and also, we were both taking classes for various things, so we were really busy. I didn't have time to be looking into adoption or so I thought.

For weeks, there were lots of little news soundbites, etc that kept coming across my path about people adopting from Ethiopia. One family, kept hearing about more siblings of their adopted child and went back to adopt them all!

And eventually, I did take some time here and there to look into adopting from the Congo and Zimbabwe...and it really just wasn't something that was set up and easy to do.

During this time, my husband and I were leading a small group bible study at our church with another couple and TWO different families in the same month contacted me asking for more details about our group and mentioned the fact that they were in the process of or had already adopted Ethiopian children! CRAZINESS!

Ethiopia was everywhere! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment